Yukon Winter Log Cabin Adventure
with individual winter activities for your cabin stay.
Pure white snow covered landscape, northern lights dancing in the sky, wolves howling in the distance, that's what Yukon Winters are all about.
Stay in our cosy log cabin and create your individual yukon winter experience
Explore the trails from the cabin on your own or book some of our guided excursions.
Relax in our Wilderness Sauna after a day out in the snow.
Guided activities to add on to your cabin stay:
- Day trip to Kathleen Lake in Kluane National Park. Ice fishing through 3 feet of ice for lake trout or snow shoeing in the snow covered sub alpine area of the Saint Elias Mountains. $ 180.-
- A short drive with the snowmobile takes us into the Ibex Valley. With snowshoes we explore the area along the frozen Arkell Creek. Interesting crevasses dot the creek bed . Numerous animal tracks crisscross our pass and we will determine who they belong to and where they go. Our lunch break we enjoy with hot dogs on a warming campfire. $ 130.-
- Day trip with snowshoes in the Kusawa Lake valley. Starting out on a trail through the boreal forest and old dry river channels, we reach the Takhini River. With snowshoes we walk on the frozen River up to the spectacular Rapids. Under a thick blanket of snow the huge boulders still show, where big waves develop in the summer. $ 150.-
- Yukon Wildlife and relaxing in one single day. At the Yukon Wildlife Preserve you have the opportunity to see moose, muskox, dall sheep, lynx, bison and much more within a 2 hour walk through that natural habitat. After that the Takhini Hot Pools are a welcoming place to soak up the warmth while gazing at the winter wonderland around you. $ 110.-
- Sleeping under the stars. After a short snowshoe hike along Kusawa Lake we settle in to a comfy bivy camp with a big campfire. We watch the stars, have good food and hot drinks and wait for the northern lights to lighten up in the sky. An unforgettable experience . $ 250.-
- Half day trip with cross country skis or snowshoes to the Takhini River Lookout. This is an easy stroll with a panoramic view all the time. $ 80.-
- If you wish, we can arrange a daytrip of dog sledding with a local musher. $ 280.-
- On top of all that, we are happy to organize individual trips.
All day trips are full day events between 5 and 8 hours long and include lunch, snowshoes, transportation, guiding and admission fees if applicable. The overnight trip includes dinner lunch and breakfast. All prices are per person.